by B.N. Frank, June 4th, 2018
There has been a lot of controversy reported about 5G already:
The industry vision for 5G is to enable the Internet of Things (IoT), Smart Communities, driverless cars (and more), where roads and appliances (even baby diapers!) are embedded with wireless radiation transmitters that connect to cell phones, (utility) smart meters and the internet.
Dr. Oz, various media outlets including U.S. broadcast stations have already been covering cell phone and wireless WiFi radiation exposure concerns from these towers and more.
5G and IoT may sound super cool if you aren’t concerned about health risks, small cell towers reducing your property value, or being hacked. IoT already has an almost 75% failure rate. Security experts’ warnings waver between hilarious and scary as hell.
5G uses a combination of microwave radiation and millimeter wave radiation. Peer-reviewed published science has already confirmed that exposure to it as well as other sources of Electrical Pollution (Electrosmog) can cause health problems including:
- respiratory issues
- learning and memory disorders
- blood sugar fluctuations
- heart problems
- increased cancer risk
- sleep problems
- ringing in the ears
- and much more.
Suggestions for stopping cell towers from being installed include:
- Contacting your planning or permit department about applications for “small cell” towers. (Because there has been so much controversy already, some may deny small cell towers are being used for 5G.)
- Educating your community about EMF/wireless radiation health risks.
- Speaking at municipal government meetings.
- Sharing articles on social media and online bulletin boards such as “How Big Wireless Made Us Think That Cell Phones Are Safe.” and “How Big Wireless War-Gamed the Science on Risks, While Making Customers Addicted to Their Phones.”
- When there is a cell tower application pending, send a letter by mail and email to the decision makers and go to the public meetings and oppose it. Encourage others to do the same.
- Ask your municipal government to hire an independent RF specialist to prove these towers are necessary to fill a “coverage gap.”
- Create a flyer to circulate to let people know what’s happening and where to complain.
Other suggestions include:
- Circulate a petition.
- Send information and “letters to the editor” to local media outlets.
- Go to farmers’ markets and other community events to hand out flyers.
- Make posters ask shop owners to put display them.
Although the EMF Safety Network guide was written for stopping 5G small cell towers, it may be used to oppose other cell towers and wireless infrastructure as well. Current guidelines and legislation have made it impossible for municipalities to deny an application based on biological and environmental risks for 20+ years already. Telecom companies, business owners, elected officials, government agencies, and scientists-for-hire have been using this to avoid applying The Precautionary Principle to new technology.
More resources provided by The EMF Safety Network include:
- Letter to Sebastopol, CA
- Peer reviewed published studies proving harm to trees, birds, bees and insects
- European Union 5G Appeal.
- International Society of Doctors for Environment 5G Appeal
For more information, contact the following websites:
- Center For Safer Wireless
- Center For Electrosmog Prevention
- Citizens for Safe Technology
- Clear Light Ventures
- Dr. Sam Milham
- Environmental Health Trust
- Generation Zapped
- In Power Movement
- National Association for Children and Safe Technology
- Parents for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech
- We Are The Evidence
Stillness in the Storm Editor’s note: Did you find a spelling error or grammar mistake? Send an email to [email protected], with the error and suggested correction, along with the headline and url. Do you think this article needs an update? Or do you just have some feedback? Send us an email at [email protected]. Thank you for reading.