Body for Awareness Project: Your Body. Your Clothes. Your Truth. On Sale Now.
(Corbin Black) In September the two major online sites for documenting UFO sightings reported a drastic drop in sightings since 2014. Both the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) and the National UFO Reporting Center say that the numbers of sightings this year were at just 55 percent of those during 2014.
by Corbin Black,
So why are the sightings dropping off?
One theory is that people aren’t interested in the reports as much now because they get enough wild stories and fake news as they can handle from advertisers and politicians. Another theory why people have lost interest stems from widespread access to technology like video cameras on smartphones. If almost everyone has a video camera, then why aren’t we seeing more high-quality sightings, not less?
Stuart Walton, a historian and author noted:
“Belief in UFOs is definitely in a state of decline, along with much else that could be classed as paranormal. Part of the reason is that the technology for providing documentary evidence of such matters is now widely available to everybody with a smartphone, and such purported evidence as there is on YouTube looks extremely threadbare.”
A classified government program to study UFOs was revealed in 2017, The Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program. The director of the program, Luis Elizondo, resigned in protest in October when the program lost funding received through “black money.” Since then, he has gone to join forces with “To The Stars Academy,” founded by former Blink-182 singer, Tom DeLonge.
"My personal belief is that there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone," says former military intel official Luis Elizondo, who ran the Pentagon's UFO Unit https://t.co/VnVGrk0GUN pic.twitter.com/mXnPLgwATS
— CNN (@CNN) December 19, 2017
The Pentagon says the program is no longer operational, although officials may still investigate sightings by service members. Even though Elizondo revealed the program, as well as a “secret video,” there is still debate about the authenticity and origins of the video.
Translation: We still don’t have the hard proof of extraterrestrial life.
For some people interested in UFOs, getting the hard proof may not be as interesting as the mystery, imagination, and the wondering about what’s really out there. There may not be proof extraterrestrials exist, but there also is no proof that aliens aren’t flying around earth either. After all, the fact that the Department of Defense budgeted $22 million to find out says a lot all by itself.
Although there has been a drastic decline in UFO sightings, there have also been some interesting ones. We covered a recent sharp video of a UFO shot by vacationers in Lake Tahoe, Nevada from October 20, along with ongoing sightings in Mexico.
Here are some of the other Top UFO sightings in 2018: (see video below)
1. In Baja California, Mexico on January 11, a woman took video of a strange vertical-shaped object hovering in the sky. The object inspired debate, with one person suggesting it was nothing more than a helium balloon shaped like a Star Wars Stormtrooper.
2. On February 24 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, pilots in two separate aircraft spotted a UFO flying past them at 30,000 feet. The sighting happened at 3:30 p.m. in the afternoon. The pilots radioed Air Traffic Control to inquire:
“Was anything flying above us that passed us like 30 seconds ago?”
Air Traffic Control replied that nothing should be there. They alerted American Airlines Flight 1095 to be on the lookout for “rogue aircraft.” The pilot responded that they too had seen a UFO pass over them.
“‘I don’t know what it was,’ one of those pilots responds. ‘It wasn’t an airplane, but it was flying in the opposite direction.’”
The pilot said the object had a “big reflection”, unlike a weather balloon.
3. On June 7 at 7:30 p.m. in Delhi, India, a UFO hovered over the residence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi which put his security detail on “high alert,” locking down his home with an emergency response. It was described as a “round, glowing object.” Two miles around his residence is a no-fly zone. Authorities never found out what it was, but suspected it may have been a drone.
“[…] the situation was surprising for the leader of a country, with the second largest population in the world, to have a security breach of airspace, especially since the UFO was never identified.”
4. At the Nazca Lines in Peru, Rafal Mercado, of the Peruvian Association of Ufology, posted a YouTube video of a tubular object similar to a zeppelin floating horizontally. The object remains motionless. Last year, humanoid mummies with three fingers were found in a tomb near the Nazca line. They are thought to date back to the 5th century.
— Alien Cosmos (@alien_cosmos) June 22, 2017
5. On July 5 in Bostandyk, Kazakhstan, at 12:07 a.m., two glowing balls lit up the night sky and crashed into the ground. The resulting explosion destroyed communication lines and starting a fire covering about 247 acres of land. Firefighters worked for four hours to put out the blaze.
Residents on the scene found a silvery object ten feet in diameter with a protruding valve. It was partially buried in the ground and had a sealed hatch. A smaller sphere was found nearby. The crash happened while eyes in Russia were focused on the World Cup match.
A witness said:
“The UFO material does not look like metal. It is soft like fabric.”
For more on these and other sightings from New York, Scotland, Phoenix, Bejing, and Ireland, see the video from Alltime Conspiracies below:
Featured image: Screenshot via YouTube
Not sure how to make sense of this? Want to learn how to discern like a pro? Read this essential guide to discernment, analysis of claims, and understanding the truth in a world of deception: 4 Key Steps of Discernment – Advanced Truth-Seeking Tools
Stillness in the Storm Editor’s note: Did you find a spelling error or grammar mistake? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the error and suggested correction, along with the headline and url. Do you think this article needs an update? Or do you just have some feedback? Send us an email at email@example.com. Thank you for reading.