(Stillness in the Storm Editor) The following is a thought-provoking list of potential relationship problems as categorized by zodiac signs. It’s important to realize that these are potential problems, not absolute certainties. We can embody these in our weaker moments, and as such, it’s very useful to know what we could become if we don’t strive to realize a higher ideal, amidst personal hardship. When we get triggered, this is when the worst of us comes out. Thus, by facing this aspect of our shadow, and envisioning a better ideal that works against it, we can walk a path of truth and light, even while feeling like the world is crashing in around us. If we don’t learn this skill, our fears, resentments, and bitterness for life take over, and we become the hateful alter self that the following list describes.
by Samantha King,
(March 21 – April 19)
- You want everything to happen as you wish, and your partner may not be able to keep up with your enthusiasm and pace.
- You have a hard time leaving toxic relationships, because you want to prove yourself you did everything that was in your power to save the love affair in first place.
- You wrap your head too much around the future, future plans and calculating exactly how things should be in a relationship.
- You sometimes simply can’t take NO for an answer.
- You have a hard time accepting that love sometimes comes to an end.
(April 20 – May 20)
- You’re judgemental of your partners and sometimes fail at using the right words to address them.
- You become extremely vengeful and punitive once they really upset you, and you’d prefer to make justice rather than leaving the relationship.
- You are very demanding in the bedroom.
- You like things proper and settled and have a real hard time adapting to a partner who isn’t that way.
- You have a hard time compromising.
(May 21 – June 20)
- You are sometimes extremely self absorbed and forget to pay interest to your partner’s needs and wishes.
- You get caught up in the momentary magic of passionate love affairs and fail to realize people won’t stay the same as the day you met them.
- You hate routine and fear getting too comfortable means the end of love.
- You fight – a lot, over nonsense.
- You are territorial with your living space and often have disagreements regarding your partner’s interior decor choices.
(June 21 – July 22)
- You need to feel loved all the time – once you feel you’re not getting what you need you become strained and bitter.
- You fear your partner’s always going to leave you.
- When you get too much attention though, you suffocate.
- You can’t decide over loving a single person or staying on your own and experimenting.
- You want marriage and kids – but it’s never a right time.
(July 23 – August 22)
- You put too much pressure on how others see your relationship.
- You demand way more attention from your partner than you offer instead.
- You require financial security and a good life for the two of you but always consider the other should work more.
- You hold a lot inside and lash out at your partner in ferocious tantrums.
- You’re secretly afraid they will never be good enough for you.
(August 23 – September 22)
- You’re traditional and have a hard time accepting a partner from a different breed, in spite of how much you love them.
- You want to do everything together without realizing how unhealthy this is to any relationship.
- You say things you don’t mean when you’re angry – but with time they build up and explode.
- You tend to take on more than you can bear.
- You compromise too easily and often get hurt.
(September 23 – October 22)
- You can’t stand being neglected – you are very demanding of your partner.
- You are indecisive in love and often get sucked in almost relationships.
- You think you can save people.
- You see the good in everyone and sometimes fail to comprehend how some people may be toxic for you.
- You believe lying is better than hurting the other person, but you aren’t careful enough to avoid not getting caught.
(October 23 – November 21)
- You can’t stand treason or cheating. You ban everyone who will do so from your life.
- You are passionate in the beginning of a relationship but lose interest way too soon.
- You avoid talking too much about your or their feelings.
- You take everything personally.
- You hold grudges at your partner for extended periods of time.
(November 22 – December 21)
- You want absolute freedom, but your partner may not come to terms with your wish to travel alone, have an open relationship or see you less often than they are comfortable with.
- You clash others’ limits and comfort zone with your free spirit and this may trigger many underlying issues in your relationships.
- You prefer justice instead of reconciliation, and often walk away from people without giving them the benefit of a doubt.
- Your relationships sometimes burn both ends, and leave you and your partner fatigued and drained.
- You pay great attention to physical appearance and will often express dissatisfaction in a lazy or careless date.
(December 22 – January 19)
- You want to please them so much that you tend to forget about your own comfort.
- When you’ve been together long enough, you become too comfortable instead.
- You avoid fights at all costs. You’d rather let them deal with the problem alone.
- You agree to decisions you’re not completely comfortable with.
- You make a lot of excuses for unhealthy relationships.
(January 20 – February 18)
- You require a lot of space from your partner and this often becomes frustrating for both of you.
- You often feel like you’re being misunderstood.
- While you are a great debater and communicator, some things seem to get lost in translation when your partner can’t complete your goals and ideas.
- You are terrified of being bored, so you prefer to leave than stay and fight for the relationship.
- You can’t touch base with your partner regarding your future together – you fear being with someone forever will rob you the opportunity to experience life, love and diversity.
(February 19 – March 20)
- You have a difficult time expressing your emotions and this often gets you misunderstood by your spouse.
- You are reserved and your partner might believe you’re just playing hard to get.
- You take a lot of time to be alone and recover from stress, and that is something your partner may not enjoy as much as you do.
- You resent them if they don’t open up to you.
- You often feel like you care about them more than they care about you.
Stillness in the Storm Editor’s note: Did you find a spelling error or grammar mistake? Send an email to [email protected], with the error and suggested correction, along with the headline and url. Do you think this article needs an update? Or do you just have some feedback? Send us an email at [email protected]. Thank you for reading.