(Dr. Jordan B Peterson) 1. Tell the truth.
2. Do not do things that you hate.
by Dr. Jordan B Peterson, May 21st, 2017
4. Pursue what is meaningful, not what is expedient.
5. If you have to choose, be the one who does things, instead of the one who is seen to do things.
6. Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you need to know. Listen to them hard enough so that they will share it with you.
7. Plan and work diligently to maintain the romance in your relationships.
8. Be careful who you share good news with.
9. Be careful who you share bad news with.
10. Make at least one thing better every single place you go.
11. Imagine who you could be, and then aim single-mindedly at that.
12. Do not allow yourself to become arrogant or resentful.
13. Try to make one room in your house as beautiful as possible.
14. Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today.
32. Notice that opportunity lurks where responsibility has been abdicated.
33. Read something written by someone great.
34. Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street.
35. Do not bother children when they are skateboarding.
36. Don’t let bullies get away with it.
37. Write a letter to the government if you see something that needs fixing — and propose a solution.
38. Remember that what you do not yet know is more important than what you already know.
39. Be grateful in spite of your suffering.
BOOKS BY DR. PETERSON:
Stillness in the Storm Editor’s note: Did you find a spelling error or grammar mistake? Do you think this article needs a correction or update? Or do you just have some feedback? Send us an email at [email protected] with the error, headline and url. Thank you for reading.